the Portrait Workshop
ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO CREATE BEAUTIFUL, STUDIO LIT PORTRAITS, FROM START TO FINISH.
You've probably heard photographers say they "only capture in natural light", which is often code for "I'm afraid of flash". That was definitely me for a long time and if this sounds like you I'd like to invite you to an opportunity to change all of that now.
Your craft and your vision should not be stifled by the overwhelming task of understanding flash photography. But knowing how to get that perfect light, finding the proper gear for the job, and then dialing in the right settings to bring it all together is a simply huge undertaking of both time and money.
For the past 6+ years I have been grinding away tirelessly, learning how to photograph people in a studio setting. I've invested literally countless hours and tens of thousands of dollars on my BFA in photography, tutorials, workshops, and equipment as I've honed my craft. Now, I want to share it all with you.
On Saturday June 2nd I will be opening a six hour studio portrait workshop at Hingework Studio dispelling these many years of trial and error so that you don't have to. This one day only intensive will equip you with all the information you need to confidently create incredible studio lit portraits; all of it adaptable to your unique style.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF YOU...
- Are ready to finally overcome the daunting fear of using flashes and studio lights
- Want to capture striking, authentic expressions from your subject every single time
- Aren't sure of what equipment to buy from the never-ending list of options available
- Want to learn how to retouch your portraits so that your subject looks totally natural
This, in my opinion, is the most important thing to master. It doesn't matter how beautifully lit your subject's face is if they look uncomfortable. We will dive deep into various techniques that will guide any subject from deer in the headlights to authentic confidence and human connection.
There seems to be an endless list of options available on the market for studio light. What do you buy? Strobes? LEDs? Continuous light? What does any of that even mean? I will be demystifying all of it and sharing the gear I use, as well as info on various tiers of lights, softboxes, triggers, and more.
I don't know quite what it is, but flash is freakin intimidating. I've been there and struggled through it. I'll be teaching the fundamentals of shaping the face with light on a live model. We'll cover proper camera settings and ratios, as well as some of my personal favorite setups. I'll also share lighting mistakes I've made and how to fix them.
Learn the secrets of cloning, healing, and dodging & burning techniques in Photoshop to get rid of flyaway hairs, brighten eyes, and retouch skin without losing texture. I'll also cover keyboard shortcuts that will help to drastically cut down on your editing time.
I will also be capturing a portrait of YOU so you can experience the coaching techniques from the other side of the lens. Usually $237, I am including it for FREE with registration!
WHAT YOU GET
- 4 key foundational demonstrations for you to start taking amazing studio portraits
- Printed handouts with step by step guides of all lesson materials to take home with you for reference and further study
- Locally catered lunch provided by Gypsy Kitchen + local beer from Springhouse Brewery
- A FREE portrait of you at your best, captured by me (a $237 value)
- The full blasted confidence and comprehensive know-how you need to break into the world of studio portraiture in a matter of just one day at a super wicked awesome and informative six hour workshop with bangin' food & beer.